Bookings For You understands and respects the importance of your privacy and we are committed to safeguarding your personal information. In providing our service to you, we must collect personal information from you and this policy outlines how we treat your personal data after it has been collected by any of our channels including online or via telephone as well as by any future digital services or channels as they evolve.
What information do we collect about you?
We collect information about you to process your booking and, if you agree, to email you about other products and services we think may be of interest to you.
We collect information about you
when you register with us or make a booking for one of the
properties within our portfolio. We also collect information when
you voluntarily complete customer surveys, provide feedback and
participate in competitions. Website usage information is collected
We may collect all or some of the following information relating to you or other members of your party:
- Name, postal address, telephone number(s) and email address
- Special requirements such as those relating to any disability or medical conditions which may affect the chosen arrangements.
Please note that if you choose to
pay online, we will require your credit / debit card or other
payment details (including card number, cardholder name and expiry
date). This information is collected on behalf of Bookings For You
by WorldPay. Your card details will be stored on their secure
online payment system. These details are not stored by Bookings For
You are responsible for ensuring that other members of your party are aware of the content of this Policy and consent to you acting on their behalf in all your dealings with us.
Some of the information we collect (such as about health) may be considered 'sensitive personal data' under the Data Protection Act 1998. We collect it to cater to your needs or act in your interest, and we are only prepared to accept sensitive personal data from you on the condition that we have your positive consent. We will seek this consent when necessary.
How will we collect this information?
We will only collect personal information from you by specifically asking for it:
- When you make a booking with us
- When you subscribe to our newsletter
- When you register an account with us
- When you speak to any of our team
- When you complete a survey or enter a competition
How does Bookings For You use this personal information?
We will use your name, address and credit card details to complete your booking with us.
We will also use your details to manage your booking arrangements, send you notifications and communicate with you generally.
For the purpose of completing your booking, we may have to disclose some of your information to the providers of the services making up your arrangements (who could be located outside the UK/EEA). We may also have to disclose some information to third parties in relation to customer services, credit card processing, or other services.
We may need to disclose your information where required by law, where such a request is made by a legal authority.
We may also disclose information to organisations who act as "data processors" on our behalf, or to other organisations that perform business functions on our behalf, some of whom are outside the UK/EEA. These functions include administration, providing services (and contacting you where necessary), customer care, business management and operations.
We may from time to time contact
you with information about special offers, brochures, new products,
forthcoming events or competitions. If you do not wish to receive
such information, you may ask us in writing not to receive
We would also like to store and use your personal details for future marketing purposes (for example, emailing you our newsletter). All details you give us in connection with your booking will be kept but we will use only names and contact details for marketing purposes unless you have indicated that you do not wish us to do so.
We have taken all reasonable steps to have appropriate security measures in place to protect your information. Outside the European Economic Area, controls on data protection may not be as wide as the legal requirements in this country. The transmission of information via the internet is never completely secure. We exclude our liability for personal data lost in transmission to the website.
Will Bookings For You disclose any of this personal information to third parties?
Bookings For You will only disclose your name and booking details/holiday proposal to our suppliers for operational purposes. We will not pass on your details to other companies for marketing purposes.
To help facilitate bookings, we may share your information with others as follows:
- When you as a Guest submit a booking request, certain information about you may be shared with the Property Owner, local Property Manager or cleaning team, including your full name and the full name of any additional Guests. When your booking is confirmed, we will disclose additional information to assist with coordinating the trip, like your phone number and estimated arrival time.
- Bookings For You may disclose your information to courts, law enforcement or governmental authorities, or authorized third parties, if and to the extent we are required to do so by law or if such disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with legal process and to respond to claims asserted against Bookings For You.
- In jurisdictions where we facilitate the vollection and temittance of occupancy taxes, Property Owners and Guests expressly grant us permission, without further notice, to disclose their data and other information relating to them or to their transactions, bookings, accommodations and occupancy taxes to the relevant tax authority. This includes, but is not limited to, the Property Owner or Guest's name, listing addresses, transaction dates and amounts, tax identification number(s), the amount of taxes received (or due) by Hosts from Guests, and contact information.
What can I do?
If you do not agree to our use of the information as set out above, you should inform us as soon as possible by email at email@example.com.
You can also choose not to provide us with some of the information we request, however as a result we may not be able to complete your arrangements.
Protecting your information
We take website security very seriously and we are committed to safeguarding your personal information. We take a number of administrative and technical steps to ensure the security of the information you provide to us.
All the information you give us is protected by a secure server. The secure server software SSL (Secure Socket Layers) encrypts all information you enter before it is sent to us. The information is only de-encrypted when it reaches our server.
We also have a Firewall (security software) in place to protect our internal information from the Internet.
Please note that our website
contains certain literature and hyperlinks to websites owned by
third parties. This privacy statement covers websites owned and
controlled by us only. Links to other websites and any
information collected by these sites are not covered by this
To ensure that we carry out your
instructions accurately, to help improve our service and in the
interest of security, we may monitor and/or record: (1) your
telephone calls; and (2) customer transactions and activities on
our website. All recordings are and shall remain our sole
Updates and Changes